2013/07/31

A Summer without Gazpacho ain't no Summer to Me :)

After 8 days on the Solstice Diet (except for the lunch, that consisted of 2 slices of watermelon) at the yoga festival, I am back home in a hot and humid Barcelona, which makes me have very little appetite. My favourite food on a day like this is Gazpacho. Here is a yummy version with watermelon - my other "cannot live without" summer food..( I know, it is not food..it's a fruit :))

Basil Watermelon Gazpacho

  • 6 cups cubed fresh watermelon
  • 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped red onion
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1/4 cup chopped basil
  • 1/4 teaspon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
Chill watermelon and cucumber in refrigerator ahead of time. Combine all ingredients in blender or food processor until roughly smooth (a few chunks are good!). Enjoy right away!

I found the recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment